Blood Orange Cheesecake with Reishi (Collaboration with @Edgarraw)
I partnered up with @edgarraw to create a beautiful plant based dessert, and he came up with this absolutely stunning raw, vegan cheesecake.
2 cups of soaked cashews (not cold)
1/4 of a cup of blood orange juice
1/3 of a cup of melted coconut oil
3 tbsp of maple syrup (no cold)
1 tsp of ginger juice (no cold)
2 tsp of reishi (optional) .
1 cup of dates
3/4 of a cup of dried mulberries or almonds
1/4 of a cup of coconut flakes
1 tsp of cinnamon powder .
1/2 a cup of soaked cashews (not cold)
1/3 of a cup of blackberries
2 tbsp of melted coconut oil .
Topped with blackberries .
1) Soak cashews for 24-32 hours, drain them and set aside.
2) Take your crust ingredients and process them with a high-speed blender or a food processor till desired texture. (want a thicker crust? just double the recipe)
3) Take your cheesecake filling ingredients then blend them with a high-speed blender until smooth. Set aside. Do the same for the frosting.
4) Layer crust into a springform pan, (I used 6 inches pan). Then freeze for 30 mins.
5) Then pour your filling into the springform pan. Top it of with any kind of berries you want.
6) Freeze for 4-5 hours. Before cutting the cake let it sit out for 20-25 minutes or so and it’s ready to eat. Enjoy.